Categorized | Alumni, News

Tracing alumni from the Caribbean – can you help?

Judith Mowatt

Our alumni in the Caribbean include 1998 Commonwealth Scholar Dr Judith Henry-Mowatt, who is Director of the Forensic Science Laboratory at the Ministry of National Security in Jamaica

More than 30,000 Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships have been awarded since the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan was set up in 1959. As the CSC’s alumni association began in 2000, we are still trying to locate and invite a number of untraced alumni – particularly Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows from the early years. Only registered alumni members are able to enjoy membership benefits.

The CSC is currently tracing former Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows from the Caribbean with whom we have lost touch. Can you help?

  • View our full lists of CSC alumni from Barbados and Jamaica– anyone who is not marked as ‘traced’ is someone who we want to contact.
  • If you have held a Commonwealth Scholarship but are not already a member of our alumni association, download and complete our alumni registration form (editable PDF) and email it to
  • If you recognise a name on the alumni list that is not marked as ‘traced’, ask them to get in touch with the CSC by emailing You could also forward them a link to our alumni membership page, where our registration form can be downloaded.
Rose-Marie Belle Antoine

1992 Commonwealth Scholar Professor Rose Marie Benne Antoine, Professor of Law at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados, has drafted the Labour Code of Saint Lucia and the CARICOM Harmonization of Labour Law Report.

Tracing FAQs

Q: How can I check if someone held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship, if their name is not on the alumni list?

A: You can check if someone held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship by looking for their name in the Register section of our online Directory. (Please note that the Profile section contains details of alumni members only.)

Q: I know someone who held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship – what information do they need to provide to the CSC?

A: Former Commonwealth Scholars or Fellows who are not currently alumni members can download and complete our alumni registration form and then email it to

Q: I know of a former Commonwealth Scholar or Fellow, but I don’t have their contact details – what can I do?

If you know where a former Commonwealth Scholar or Fellow is working or has worked – even if you are not in touch with them directly – email us at with their full name and any details that you have, so that we can follow up.

If you have any queries that are not answered above, contact

Photos on flickr

@commschols on Twitter