The CSC is seeking a consultant to develop and deliver an additional learning opportunity that will be offered to all Commonwealth Scholars studying at doctoral level.
The CSC offers a training programme – the Development Module – to PhD Scholars as an adjunct to their academic programme, with the aim of improving Scholars’ capacity to use their training for development impact. The focus of the Development Module is a two-day residential workshop in the second year of the PhD programme.
The Development Module content should cover two elements:
- An introduction to international development issues, including changing perspectives on development
- Training in specific development skills
The learning outcomes specified in the terms of reference can be delivered in a variety of ways before, during, and after the residential workshop.
Tenderers should be qualified and experienced in international development, impact pathways, and group training approaches. This tender is for preparation and delivery of two pilot workshops in March and May 2017, with the possibility of extension to a continuing contract over two years.
The deadline for bids is 5.00 pm (GMT) on 20 January 2017.
Further details are provided in the documents below:
- Development Module terms of reference for consultancy
- Appendix 1: CSC corporate plan 2016
- Appendix 2: CSC business plan 2016
- Appendix 3: Commonwealth PhD Scholarship application form