By Act of Parliament, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission comprises up to 14 members and a Chair, who are appointed by the Secretary of State for International Development.
- Professor Tim Unwin – Secretary General, Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation, and Emeritus Professor of Geography and UNESCO Chair in ICT4D, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Professor Graham Furniss OBE, FBA – former Pro-Director (Research and Enterprise), School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
- Sandy Balfour – Chief Executive Officer, Canon Collins Educational and Legal Assistance Trust
- Dr Nick Brown – Principal, Linacre College, University of Oxford
- Richard Burge – Chief Executive, Wilton Park
- Anthony Cary CMG – former British High Commissioner to Canada and British Ambassador to Sweden
- Professor David Cope – Life Member, Clare Hall, University of Cambridge
- Sarah Laessig – former Managing Director, Public Sector Client Sales Management (EMEA), Citigroup
- Kathy Mansfield – Project Director, ZIMRA Assistance Programme (ZIMRAP); former Senior Governance Advisor, DFID
- Richard Middleton – Interim Academic Registrar, University of Bedfordshire
- Mark Robson – Head of Statistics and Regulatory Data, Bank of England
- Professor Jeff Waage OBE – Director, London International Development Centre
- Professor Ros Wade – Director, Education for Sustainability Programme and Associate Director, Centre for Cross Curricular Initiatives, London South Bank University
- Professor Jonathan Wastling – Head, Department of Infection Biology, Institute of Infection and Global Health, University of Liverpool
All positions on the CSC are part-time. The only member of the CSC to receive payment is the Chair, who is paid an honorarium of £6000 per annum. Other members of the CSC receive travel and other out-of-pocket expenses only. Members of the CSC who review scholarship applications and attend selection committee meetings also receive an honorarium of £250 per meeting.