The Government of India is offering two Commonwealth Scholarships for UK citizens wishing to study in India in 2017-2018.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom
- Meet the eligibility requirements of the course and university at which you wish to study
- Not intend to study courses in medicine or dentistry
Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously studied in India.
How to apply
You must read the following documents before starting your application, as they contain important information and guidelines:
- Instructions to applicants
- Financial terms and conditions
- List of universities currently hosting international scholars
You must submit all of the following documents as part of your application:
- Six completed application forms (one must be original)
- Six recent passport-size photograph (five attached to your application forms and one loose/unattached)
- Six certified copies of certificates or transcripts for all qualifications listed on your application form
- Six copies of the completed physical fitness form (one must be original)
- Six copies of your passport (one must be certified)
- If you are applying to study a PhD or postdoctoral course, five copies of a synopsis of your proposed research
Please send your application in hard copy to:
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (AT)
20-24 Tavistock Square
The closing date for receipt of applications is 18 January 2017. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
If you are interested in applying for a Commonwealth Scholarship to study in India, please register your interest by emailing email@example.com, so that we can notify you if there are any changes to requirements. Any queries about these scholarships should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.