The CSC is currently inviting UK universities to bid to co-fund Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in the 2014-2015 academic year. Invitations have been sent to all university vice-chancellors and existing institutional contacts.
In the Shared Scholarship scheme, universities are responsible for:
- recruiting candidates
- ensuring that candidates meet the eligibility criteria as set out in the bidding guidance notes
- paying a stipend to Shared Scholars at UK government-set rates
- looking after the welfare of Shared Scholars while they are on award
The CSC is responsible for:
- paying tuition fees (at full overseas level)
- paying for return flights to the UK
- paying thesis grants
Full information on the terms and conditions of Shared Scholarships is available in the bidding guidance notes.
Bids should be made via our Electronic Application System (EAS), using the bidding form.
The closing date for bids is 10 June 2013, and decisions will be reported in September 2013.