Commonwealth Scholars seeking additional financial support to complete postgraduate work, after their award has ended, have several options. In the first instance, Scholars should check with the university (or college) at which they are enrolled to establish if there are any supplementary grants available through the institution itself for which they would be eligible. It is also advisable in any case to contact the student welfare services of the university, particularly as applications for some awards may need to be made through them rather than direct to particular sources.
A selection of sources – websites, databases, and directories – which give information on awards and grants is listed below. Students are encouraged to check such sources for full details of awards currently available. Printed directories may be available in academic/reference libraries and international study abroad centres, though much of this data is now also available online.
- The Grants Register (Palgrave)
- Education UK – scholarships (British Council website)
- Directory of Grant Making Trusts (Directory of Social Change)
- The Guide to Educational Grants (Directory of Social Change)
- UKCISA (UK Council for International Student Affairs) – the UKCISA website also features a series of detailed information sheets, several of which include guidance on fees and funding