Regional Coordinator: Adanma Chinedum Atuonwu – email@example.com
Adanma is a Commonwealth Scholar from Nigeria, studying for a PhD in Food Sciences at the University of Nottingham. Her research interest is in the application of molecular techniques to food preservation.
Before her Scholarship, Adanma was an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Food Science and Technology at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike in Nigeria. She is also as a member of the Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology and the Nutrition Society of Nigeria.
She proposes the following activities for the Midlands and Oxford region:
- Academic seminar presentations and workshops
- Visits to heritage sites and other places of interest
- International cultural presentations/exhibitions (e.g. drama presentations, food exhibitions)
- Volunteering activities
- Welcome party/presentations
- ‘More than just a coffee’ – offering opportunities to meet Scholars and Fellows from different parts of the world
- Cinema night
- End of year/award get-together
Adanma welcomes additional contributions to this list, as well as further suggestions on how to keep the network active.
Join the Midlands and Oxford Regional Network Facebook group to get in touch with Adanma and other network members.