Regional Coordinator: M Shafiq-Ur Rahman – email@example.com
Shafiq is a Commonwealth Scholar from Bangladesh, and is in the first year of his PhD at the Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
Before his Scholarship, he was an Associate Professor in the Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh. Broadly, his research interest explores integrating informal and non-motorised transport with high-quality public transport in developing cities to improve the overall public transport situation.
Shafiq has planned the following activities for the Network:
- Tours and visits to interesting places in Yorkshire and beyond
- Get-togethers for a meal or coffee, to get to know each other
- Informal parties, where you can wear national dress and share national dishes
- International cultural nights, featuring performances from Scholars and Fellows from different countries
- Informal meetings for family members of Scholars and Fellows
- BBQs and sports (football or cricket) for the region
Shafiq welcomes suggestions on how to make the Network successful – he is eager to get feedback and more ideas from everyone.
Photos from previous North East Region Network events are available on Flickr.