Regional Coordinator: Isaac Tchuwa – firstname.lastname@example.org
Isaac is a Commonwealth Scholar from Malawi. He is currently a doctoral candidate in Human Geography at the School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester. His research interest is broadly situated in the field of Third World Urban Water Political Ecology.
Before his PhD, Isaac worked as a Rural Water Project Development Specialist in Malawi.
Isaac proposes the following activities for the Network in 2011/2012:
- Share settling-down tips with Manchester-based new Commonwealth Scholars/Fellows (September 2011)
- All new Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows welcome event (October 2011 – Manchester)
- New Year social (January 2011 – Liverpool)
- Interact with British Council (March 2012 – British Council Offices, Manchester)
- Meet Executive Secretary of the CSC, Dr John Kirkland (Date and venue to be confirmed)
- Cultural Weekend (Date and venue to be confirmed)
- Share your research – academic seminar (July 2011 – Lancaster)
- Volunteer for your community – marathon run, charity fundraising, etc (date and venue to be confirmed)
- Farewell to Fellows and Scholars (March and July respectively – Manchester/Liverpool)
Please note that this plan is tentative only, and is very open to suggestions from Scholars and Fellows. Dates and venues for events are indicative only, and subject to change depending on different circumstances. Specific details of events (including dates and venues) will be communicated to Scholars and Fellows nearer the time.
Photos from previous North West Regional Network events are available on Flickr.