Regional Coordinator: Meshack Efeoma – firstname.lastname@example.org
Meshack is a Commonwealth Scholar from Nigeria, studying for a PhD at the Edinburgh School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (ESALA), University of Edinburgh. His research interest is thermal comfort in office buildings for tropical countries.
Prior to his Scholarship, Meshack was a postgraduate researcher at the University of Tokyo, Japan. Before going to Japan in April 2010, he was working at Abia State University in Nigeria, where he also completed his BSc and MArch degrees in architecture.
Meshack has proposed the following activities for the Scotland Regional Network (dates and venues TBD):
- Regional welcome/get-together for Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows – an annual event to give Scholars and Fellows the opportunity to get to know each other and welcome new Scholars and Fellows in the region.
- Quarterly research-in-progress seminar – this will be held four times each calendar/academic year in different locations. It will afford both Scholars and Fellows the opportunity to present some aspect of the progress of their research to other Scholars, Fellows, and members of staff at host institutions. No doubt, those presenting will receive comments and suggestions that will further contribute to the refinement of their research.
- Send-off event for Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows – an annual event held every July.
- Community volunteering – all Scholars and Fellows will be encouraged through their institution representatives to take part at least once in community volunteering and to send a report of their experience to the Regional Coordinator.
- International Cultural Day/Award Night – an annual event giving Scholars and Fellows the opportunity to showcase their culture, language, cultural dress, food, and so. The event will culminate with awards in various categories.
Meshack welcomes additional constructive comments and contributions on how to keep the network alive and going.
Join the Scotland Regional Network Facebook group to find out about upcoming events, and to get in touch with Meshack and other network members.
Glasgow Caledonian University
- Ijeoma Lawretta Princewill-Ogbonna – email@example.com
- Ethel Koppa – firstname.lastname@example.org
Queen Margaret University
- Huja Jah – email@example.com
Robert Gordon University
- Usamah Kaggwa – firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Dundee
- Philip Botchway – email@example.com
University of Glasgow
- Shadrach Dare – firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Edinburgh
- Mary Moyosore Taiwo – email@example.com
University of St Andrews
- Ibrahim M Okumu – firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Stirling
- Sankalpa Acharya – email@example.com
University of Strathclyde
- Kashif Imran – firstname.lastname@example.org
University of the West of Scotland
- Md. Rashedul Islam – email@example.com