Regional Coordinator: Preksha Gupta – firstname.lastname@example.org
Preksha is a Commonwealth Scholar from India in the 3rd year of her PhD in Molecular Biology at the MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London. Her research focuses on finding out the mechanisms by which the Cohesin protein complex helps regulate gene expression in embryonic stem cells. This work is medically relevant in treating patients with Cornelia de Lange Syndrome caused due to genetic mutations in Cohesin complex.
Preksha would like to organise events facilitating intercultural exchanges of views, ideas and talents. She believes these events are an excellent means to stay connected with other Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows and to get to know more about the Commonwealth countries and UK as well. She plans to organise the following events:
- Christmas party with the CSC secretariat
- London Thames River boat tour to Greenwich
- Picnic and punting in Cambridge
- Trip to Windsor castle
- Seaside outing on the South Coast of England
- Several cultural events during the year including individual university events
- Celebrating festivals of different countries together
Join the South East Regional Network Facebook group to find out about upcoming events, and to get in touch with Preksha and other network members.
Birkbeck, University of London
- Doris Quay – email@example.com
Imperial College London
King’s College London
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
- Ibrahim Muazu – firstname.lastname@example.org
University College London (UCL)
UCL School of Pharmacy
- Blessing Mbabie – email@example.com
University of East Anglia
- Sherly Li – firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Greenwich
University of Reading
- Gajender – email@example.com
University of Sussex
- Amrita Saha – firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Westminster
- Saqib Baig – email@example.com
If you are interested in becoming a University Representative and assisting in building a strong network of Scholars and Fellows, please email Preksha.
Photos from previous South East Region Network events are available on Flickr.