Regional Coordinator: Dacia Leslie – WRNCSCUK@groups.facebook.com
Dacia is a Commonwealth Scholar from Jamaica, currently pursuing a DPhil in Criminology at the School of Social Sciences at Cardiff University. Her main research interest is in corrections and crime prevention within CARICOM.
Prior to coming to Cardiff, Dacia worked on various developmental projects with Research Fellows at the Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies, University of the West Indies at Mona, Jamaica, where she obtained an MSc in Governance and Public Policy.
Proposed events 2013/2014
- Welcome Event and Regional Induction;
- Film Screening and Wine Reception;
- Continuation of the seminar series on ‘Commemorating the Modern Commonwealth through Research and Cultural Exchange;
- Involvement in the celebration of the Commonwealth in Wales (an event that is to be organised by the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Wales Branch)
- Final- year interdisciplinary conference on ‘Removing the Divide: Respecting and Understanding Cultures’
- This year the Wales Regional Network held a series of seminars on ′Commemorating the Modern Commonwealth through Research and Cultural Exchange′. The series of interdisciplinary seminars are intended to lead up to a Commonwealth Scholars’ Final Year Conference for the 2013/2014 academic period.
- Welcome Event, Graduate Centre, Cardiff
- Christmas Family Weekend in Aberystwyth
- International Scholars’ Evening, Cardiff University
- Pizza and Movie night
- Night at the National Opera and Dinner
- Coach Trip to Alton Towers
- Send-off Event in Bangor
Join the Wales Regional Network Facebook group to find out about upcoming events, and to get in touch with Dacia and other network members. Comments or suggestions on any of the proposed events are also welcome. If the name used on your Facebook account differs from that on your award documents, please contact email@example.com with your CSC Scholar reference and your name as it appears on Facebook so that your request to join the group can be authorised.