Regional Network Coordinator
Dacia Leslie – WRNCSCUK@groups.facebook.com
Dacia is a Commonwealth Scholar from Jamaica, currently pursuing a DPhil in Criminology at the School of Social Sciences at Cardiff University. Her main research interest is in corrections and crime prevention within CARICOM.
Prior to coming to Cardiff, Dacia worked on various developmental projects with Research Fellows at the Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies, University of the West Indies at Mona, Jamaica, where she obtained an MSc in Governance and Public Policy.
Join the Wales and Northern Ireland Regional Network Facebook group to find out about upcoming events, and to get in touch with Dacia and other network members. Comments or suggestions on any of the proposed events are also welcome. Scholars and Fellows in Northern Ireland are encouraged to organise events, and to connect with other award holders in Wales and Northern Ireland via the Facebook page.
If the name used on your Facebook account differs from that on your award documents, please contact email@example.com with your CSC Scholar reference and your name as it appears on Facebook so that your request to join the group can be authorised.
Past events and ideas
- Welcome Event and Regional Induction;
- Film Screening and Wine Reception;
- Continuation of the seminar series on ‘Commemorating the Modern Commonwealth through Research and Cultural Exchange;
- Involvement in the celebration of the Commonwealth in Wales (an event that is to be organised by the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Wales Branch)
- Final- year interdisciplinary conference on ‘Removing the Divide: Respecting and Understanding Cultures’
If you would like to volunteer as a representative for your institution, please contact Dacia.